For fast, safe and tasty results follow our expert tips:
1. Reheat your beef/lamb dish in individual portions.
2. Place veggies in the centre of the plate and the meat around the outside.
- Sprinkle meat with a little water or stock to prevent it drying out.
3. Cover with a microwave lid or microwave-safe plastic wrap to trap steam and keep the meal moist.
- Place plate towards the outside of the microwave turntable.
4. Reheat meal for 2 minutes on high, and then allow to stand for 1 minute.
- To assist with even heating, turn plate halfway through the cooking time
5. Feel the centre bottom of the plate to ensure meal is thoroughly heated.
6. Take care when removing the lid or plastic wrap - the steam released can burn.
HOW TO REHEAT CASSEROLES IN THE MICROWAVE
1. Place casserole in a deep-sided dish. Cover dish to speed reheating and trap moisture.
2. Position casserole dish on the outside of the turntable.
3. Reheat on a high setting. Timing will vary on the casserole quantity.
4. Stir occasionally during reheating to distribute the heat.
5. Wait until the casserole is piping hot and has bubbled for at least 2 minutes.
6. Look out for the hot steam when removing the lid!
Have you noticed how you get cold spots in food when you're cooking in the microwave? Pesky microorganisms can survive in these cold spots. Make sure you:
- Follow microwave or ready-meal cooking instructions.
- Trap steam by covering food with a lid or microwave-safe plastic wrap.
- Stir food and turn large items over during cooking. Rotate the dish once or twice – even if you have a rotating turntable.
- Cut food into similarly sized pieces or arrange thicker pieces on the outside of the dish.
Don't forget – food continues to cook after microwaving. Always wait 3–5 minutes, or for the recommended standing time, before tucking in.