Traditional roast lamb with veggies
1 kg leg of lamb, trimmed
1 tbsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic, crushed
grated rind and juice 1 lemon and 1 orange
2 tbsp rosemary leaves
potato and sweet potato, cut into chunks
10 Brussels sprouts, shredded
1 cup frozen peas
3 sprigs mint, leaves shredded
- Marinate lamb with oil, garlic, rind, juices and rosemary. Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Drain lamb from marinade, place in roasting dish. Reserve marinade.
- Roast for 50 mins for rare, 60 mins for medium, or 70 mins for well done.
- Baste twice with marinade during cooking. Add potato and sweet potato to the roasting dish in the last 30 mins cooking time (brush lightly with oil).
- Remove lamb, cover and rest it for 15 mins. Cook sprouts in a non-stick frypan until just soft, add peas and mint, cook 1 min more. Serve lamb sliced, drizzled with pan juices and vegetables.