Spaghetti & meatballs
1 kg lean beef mince
1 onion, grated
2 tsp dried oregano
1 medium zucchini, grated
1 medium carrot, grated
1 egg, lightly beaten
2 cup tomato pasta sauce
2 cup broccoli florets
400 g spaghetti
parmesan cheese to serve
- Place beef, onion, oregano, grated zucchini, carrot and egg in a large bowl. Using hands, mix well and form into small sized balls.
- Heat a large non-stick frypan and cook meatballs in batches, over medium heat, until browned and cooked through. Add tomato sauce and bring to the boil. Reduce heat, cover with a lid or foil and simmer for 20 mins. Add broccoli florets for last 2 mins of cooking.
- Meanwhile cook spaghetti until tender. Drain and toss together with meatballs.
- Serve with parmesan cheese.
- Lunch idea: Serves: 2 Prep: 10 mins
- Make the salad by combining lettuce leaves, halved cherry tomatoes, blanched broccoli florets, diced Lebanese cucumber and crumbled feta cheese. Drizzle with 2 tbsp olive oil and 1 tbsp vinegar. Place leftover meatballs on top of salad and serve.
- Alternatively, serve meatballs with batons of cut raw vegetables such as capsicum, cherry tomatoes, carrot and celery.