Saleeg with pulled Australian beef brisket
750g Australian Beef brisket
2 tsp pepper
2 tsp ground cumin
2 tsp ground coriander
2 tsp ground cardamom
3 cinnamon sticks
2 tsp whole cloves
2 tsp whole cardamom
3 tsp ghee
1 cup chicken stock
1 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
3 tbsp tahini
1 cup short-grain rice
1 cup full fat milk
2 small pearls of mastic tear
Salt to taste
Green onions, to garnish
- Melt ghee in a pressure cooker and then add onions. Place the beef.
- Add water and cook for 15-20 minutes.
- In a separate pot, melt ghee and add rice along with cinnamon, cloves, and cardamom.
- Add chicken stock to the rice along with pepper, coriander, cumin, cardamom powder, garlic, and salt.
- Next, pour milk and stir well. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Add mastic and pour a ladle of beef broth into the Saleeg. Stir well.
- To prepare tahini sauce, combine tahini, water, salt, cumin, garlic, lemon juice and mix well.
- For garnish, toss the green part of the onions in olive oil and finely trim using a scissor.
- Top the rice with the beef brisket accompanied with tahini sauce and garnish with green onions.