- Home page
- Looking for Aussome recipes?
- Steak favourites
- Rump medallions with stuffed portobello mushrooms
Rump medallions with stuffed portobello mushrooms
4 x 200g Beef rump medallions
4 large Portobello mushrooms
200g Ricotta cheese
2 tbsp Chives, chopped
100g Grated Parmesan
Zest of 1 lemon
3 tbsp Breadcrumbs
2 tsbp Chopped walnuts
Salt and pepper
- Clean the mushrooms with a damp paper towel and carefully break off stems. Season with salt and pepper and place on a baking ulay lined with baking paper.
- For the stuffing, mix the ricotta, chives, Parmesan, lemon zest, breadcrumbs, walnuts and salt and pepper. Fill each mushroom cap with a generous amount of filling and then bake in oven for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
- Heat a frypan. Brush the medallions with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill for 5-6 minutes each side for medium-rare. Let the meat stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- Any large mushrooms can replace the Portobellos suggested.