Roast lamb, carrots and parsnips with cumin and mint
1.5 kg Easy carve leg of lamb
1 tbsp Cumin seeds
1 tbsp Dried mint
1 tbsp Olive oil
2 bunches Whole baby carrots, peeled
3 Small parsnips, peeled, quartered
1 cup Couscous
Extra 1 tbsp cumin seeds
Extra 1 tbsp dried mint
1 cup Boiling water
1 cup Flat-leaf parsley leaves
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Combine the mint, cumin and oil, rub over the lamb and then season with salt and pepper. Place the lamb in a roasting dish.
- Roast lamb for 60 minutes for rare, 75 minutes for medium, or 90 minutes for well done. After 35-40 minutes, place the carrots and parsnips around the lamb, brush with a little oil.
- Remove lamb, cover loosely and allow it to rest for 15 minutes. While the lamb rests, place the couscous and extra cumin and mint into a large bowl, pour over boiling water. Cover with plastic wrap, stand for 15 minutes. Add remaining ingredients. Toss together with a fork and then season with salt and pepper. Serve the lamb with the roasted vegetables and the couscous.
- Suggested oven roasting times per 500g for lamb
- Lamb loin, leg or shoulder, easy carve leg or boned shoulder. Cook at 180ºC.
- Rare 20-25 minutes, Medium 25-30 minutes, Well done 30-35 minutes.