Roast goat with vegetables
1.5 kg Goat leg
2 tsp Salt
2 tsp cracked black pepper
2 tsp Ground coriander
3 Onions (chopped)
2 tsp crushed garlic
1 cup Beef stock
400 g Can diced tomatoes
400 g Can butter beans, rinsed and drained
4 Carrots (chopped)
16 green beans (halved, trimmed)
- Rub the leg of goat with salt, pepper and coriander.
- Heat a little oil in a pan and brown the meat all over. Transfer to an ovenproof dish.
- In the same pan that the meat was browned in, fry the onions and garlic until golden.
- Add stock and tomatoes and mix well. Add to meat. Cover and roast at 160C for 2 hours.
- Add the remaining ingredients and cook for a further 30 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked and the meat is tender. Serve with risoni and steamed vegetables.