500 g beef mince
2 tbsp water
2 tsp mixed herbs
2 cloves garlic, crushed
0.33 cup tomato paste
1 medium tomato, cut into 6 slices
1 red capsicum, sliced
1 green capsicum, sliced
1 1/2 cups grated pizza cheese
salad to serve
- Preheat oven to 180ºC. Combine the beef mince, water, herbs and garlic. Mix lightly, shape into 6 burgers. Lightly brush or spray the burgers with oil.
- Preheat a pan to moderately-high. Add the burgers, lower the heat to moderate and cook for 2-3 minutes each side. Turn them once only.
- Place the burgers on an oven tray lined with baking paper. Spread tomato paste on top of each burger, top each with a slice of tomato, then a slice of capsicum, sprinkle each with pizza cheese. Cook in the oven for 10 minutes, or until burgers are cooked through. Serve with salad.
- Burgers should always be thoroughly cooked. Burgers should not be served rare or pink. A good guide is to insert a skewer into the thickest part; if it is ready to eat the juices will be clear.
- Freeze uncooked burgers in a shallow, rigid container. Defrost overnight in the fridge. Pat rissoles lightly with paper towel brush or spray them with a little oil, and cook from step 2 as directed.