600g Oyster blade steak, trimmed and very thinly sliced
2 tbsp Olive oil
1 Onion, thinly sliced
1 Red capsicum, thinly sliced
4 long Bread rolls
150g Provolone cheese, thinly sliced
To serve, Chilli sauce (optional)
- Preheat a large frying pan over a high heat. Mix the meat with 1 ½ tbsp olive oil and coat well. Cook the slices in a single layer for a minute on each side or until cooked through. You will need to do this in several batches. Set aside on a plate.
- Wipe out the pan, place over a moderate heat and gently cook the onion and capsicum in the remaining oil for 10 minutes or until soft.
- Meanwhile, roughly chop the cook steak and stir it through the softened vegetables to warm through. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Cut the rolls in half and fill with the meat and vegetables. Top with the cheese slices and chilli sauce (if using).
- You can substitute the Provolone Cheese with Swiss or Cheddar cheese