Parmesan lamb schnitzel
600g Lamb leg steaks (6mm thick)
1 cup Dried breadcrumbs
½ cup Shredded parmesan
¼ cup Finely chopped parsley
½ cup Plain flour
1 Egg, beaten
2 tablespoons Olive oil
- Lay lamb steaks flat on board and flatten with meat mallet to 3mm thickness.
- Combine breadcrumbs, parmesan and parsley. Place on flat tray.
- Toss lamb in flour to lightly coat. Shake off any excess.
- Dip into beaten egg.
- Dip both sides in crumb mixture pressing on firmly. Repeat with remaining lamb steaks.
- Heat oil in large frying pan over moderately high heat.
- Cook schnitzels for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Drain on absorbent paper.
- Serving Suggestion: Serve schnitzels with salad and a wedge of fresh lemon.