Oyster blade my way
1 kg Oyster blade cleaned
30g Celery salt
15g Garlic powder
15g Onion powder
1/2 cup Sugar cane
20g Black pepper
15g Hot chilli powder
Mix 2.5 cup apple juice with 1 1/3 cup non-alcoholic beer
Meat juice from the holding tray
1 cup Ketchup
150g Soft butter
- Place all the rub ingredients in a mixing bowl, apply to the meat and refrigerate for 6 hours.
- Place the meat in a 100°C degree smoker for ½ an hour.
- Place the meat in a large pan.
- Cover with marinade half way, cover with lid or aluminium foil. Place in 90C degree oven for 3 hours.
- When the meat is very tender remove from the tray. Mix the remaining juice with ketchup and reduce by half to generate a medium consistence glaze. Add soft butter at the end to bind. Keep warm.
- Mix some of the glaze with the meat and place in very hot oven for few minutes to allow the glaze to glue on the meat, garnish and serve.