- Home page
- Looking for Aussome recipes?
- For the love of BBQ
- Lamb souvlaki
600 g lean lamb leg steak
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp dried oregano
2 tbsp lemon juice
4 tbsp low fat Greek style natural yoghurt
lemon wedges to serve
- Cut lamb into 2.5cm cubes. Toss lamb cubes in a bowl with olive oil and dried oregano. Soak 8 bamboo skewers in cold water for about 10 minutes before using.
- Thread the lamb onto the skewers. Preheat the barbecue char-grill plate to hot before adding the lamb skewers.
- Let the lamb skewers cook on one side until moisture appears before you turn. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side. Drizzle with the lemon juice in the last minute of cooking.
- Remove from the heat and cover loosely with foil, rest skewers for 3 minutes before serving.
- Serve with the yoghurt and lemon wedges.
- Replace the lamb leg steaks with lean round or topside steaks with lamb fillet/tenderloin, lamb eye of shortloin/backstrap if you like.