Lamb mince skewers with cucumber salsa
500g Lamb mince
2 Garlic cloves, grated finely
1 Onion, grated
¼ bunch Coriander, chopped
1 tsp Cumin
1 tsp Chilli flakes
1 tbsp Moroccan spice mix
Salt and pepper
2 tsp Olive oil
1 Lemon, cut in wedges
1 Large Lebanese cucumbers, peeled and diced with seeds removed
200 ml Greek yoghurt
1 tbsp Chopped mint
1 tsp Honey
* you will need wooden or steel skewers for this recipe.
- Combine the mince, spices, herbs, onion and garlic in a large bowl and place in fridge for 30 minutes to marinate.
- Pack a small amount of meat around each skewer, about 60 g per stick.
- Brush the skewers with olive oil and cook them in a hot frypan with olive oil until brown and crisp.
- For the dipping sauce, combine the cucumber, yoghurt, cumin and herbs. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
- Skewers can be served with flat breads and a variety of dipping sauces.