Lamb, apricot & date kibbeh
600g Lean lamb mince
½ cup Coarse cracked wheat
½ cup Boiling water
½ cup Finely chopped dates
¼ cup Finely chopped dried apricots
¼ cup Finely chopped coriander
2 tablespoons Sweet chilli sauce
- Soak cracked wheat in boiling water for 30 minutes until all liquid is absorbed.
- Preheat fan forced* oven to 180°C. Line baking tray with paper.
- Combine dates, apricots, coriander and chilli sauce.
- Place lamb and cracked wheat in large bowl. Knead well together to bind. Form into 8 flat patties.
- Top each patty with approx. one tablespoon date mixture. Place in the palm of your hand and bring the edges up to completely enclose filling. Roll into large ball and pinch edges to form a football shape.
- Bake on prepared tray for 25 minutes until golden brown and well cooked through.
- *if using a conventional oven, you may need to increase temperature or allow additional cooking time.
- Serving Suggestion: Serve 2 kibbeh per person with salad and grilled flat bread.