- Home page
- Looking for Aussome recipes?
- Easy peasy recipes
- Korean beef lettuce cups with kimchi
Korean beef lettuce cups with kimchi
600g Minced beef
2 tsp Finely grated ginger
1 tsp Finely chopped garlic
2 Spring onions, finely chopped
2 tsp Soy sauce
1 tsp Sugar
8 Iceberg lettuce leaves, trimmed
100g Kimchi, chopped
Tomato slices and toasted sesame seeds, to serve
- Mix the beef with the ginger, garlic, spring onion, soy sauce and sugar. Form into 8 long patties and brush with vegetable oil.
- Preheat a ridged chargrill or barbeque to moderately high and cook the patties for 3 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking. Set aside to rest for 5 minutes, covering loosely with foil.
- Place the patties in the lettuce cups and top with the kimchi to taste. Serve with tomato slices and a sprinkling of sesame seeds.
- For an Authentic Korean take, try using blanched and chilled cabbage leaves instead of lettuce cups.
- Uncooked beef patties can be prepared up to a few hours ahead and refrigerated until needed.