- Home page
- Looking for Aussome recipes?
- Kiddie friendly
- Jamaican goat buns
Jamaican goat buns
1kg Boneless goat shoulder
10 Sweet brioche buns
1 Cucumber sliced
1 Red onion fine sliced
1 bunch Coriander leaves
100ml Olive oil
3 tbsp Chilli flakes
2 tbsp Ground Coriander
2 tbsp Ground cumin seeds
2 tbsp Ground yellow mustard seeds
4 tbsp Turmeric
4 tbsp Brown sugar
- Pre heat oven or smoker between 100c and 140c.
- Mix the chilli flakes, coriander, cumin seeds, mustard seeds, turmeric and brown sugar together in a bowl and set aside.
- Rub the goat shoulder with olive oil and then massage the spice mix all over.
- Wrap the goat in baking paper and heavily wrap the goat in foil. Place onto roasting tray.
- Place into the oven for 18 hours. Once around the last 1-2 hours unwrap the goat and turn the oven up to 190C to crisp up the outside of the meat.
- Take out of the oven and begin to pull apart with a fork or tongs and mix with the juices, season to taste.
- To assemble slice open the brioche buns place a heap of the pulled goat onto the bun add slices of cucumber, onion and coriander.