Hawawshi tarek style
For the Filling:
500gAustralian Ground Beef
Salt and Pepper, to taste
For the Dough:
1 packetDry Yeast
Pinch of Salt
Sesame & Black Cumin Seeds
- Preheat the oven at 180 C.
- To make the dough: Dissolve yeast and sugar in 1 cup of warm water.
- Add a little of the flour, mix and set aside in a warm place for 15 minutes until foamy.
- Sift flour. Add oil and mix with fingertips until absorbed.
- Add the yeast to the above mixture. Knead well. Set aside in a warm place for one hour until the dough rises.
- Divide dough in 2 balls. Roll each into a circle about 1 cm thick.
- To make the filling: Chop very finely onion, parsley, chili and combine with the minced beef. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stuff dough rounds with this mixture.
- Fold dough in half, pressing the edges closed firmly with fingers. <
- Brush top of the hawawshi with 1 beaten egg. <
- Bake in hot oven at 250 C for 20 minutes until tops golden brown. Serve immediately.