Gourmet steak sandwich
4 x 150g Silverside sandwich steaks
1 French baguette
3 Onions, sliced
200g Mushrooms, sliced
2 tbsp Olive oil
1 tsp Suga
1 tbsp Thyme
Salt and pepper
- Caramelise the onions in a frypan with 1 tbsp oil, sugar, thyme, salt and pepper then remove from pan.
- In the same unwashed pan, add 1 tbsp of olive oil and heat it up. Add the mushrooms and cook for 1 minute, stirring often. Add salt and pepper to taste and then remove from pan.
- Heat the same pan or a grill, brush the meat with olive oil then cook on both sides.
- Cut baguette into 4 pieces, slice in half. Brush the bread with aioli and fill each with a steak, onions and mushrooms.
- Any meat left over from a roast could replace the silverside steaks