Easy style turkish pizza
2 cups bolognaise sauce (see note)
chopped pimento stuffed olives
parsley or salad leaves to serve
3 Turkish bread rolls
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Split the 3 Turkish bread rolls in half, spread each with a little tomato paste.
- Place rolls on an oven tray, spoon about 1/3 cup bolognaise sauce over each. Sprinkle each with some chopped pimento stuffed olives and crumbled feta.
- Cook for 10 minutes or until hot. Sprinkle a little parsley or salad leaves over the pizza to serve.
- Note: this is great recipe to use up any leftover bolognaise sauce or make a batch of bolognaise sauce ahead of time and freeze. It's a good idea to cook until it's just a little drier than you would normally serve over pasta, as you're teaming the meat sauce with bread so you don't want it too wet.
- Freeze mince you don't intend to use. Uncooked mince can be frozen for 2-3 months. Rather than freezing loose mince in roundish shape as bought from the butcher lay it out flat to freeze. This is important as it allows the mince to freeze evenly and it allows the mince to thaw evenly. Cooked mince dishes can also be frozen for later use.
- Thaw frozen mince (and any meat) in the fridge, on the lowest shelf below and or away from any ready to eat food. And only thaw in the microwave if using the mince immediately thereafter.