Char-grilled sirloin wraps
4 sirloin steaks
1 small avocado
1 tbsp mayonnaise
flour tortillas, shredded lettuce, finely sliced tomato to serve
- Brush each sirloin steak lightly with oil. Season with salt and pepper. Preheat the char-grill pan to hot before adding the meat.
- Cook on one side until the first sign of moisture appears. Turn steaks once only. Test the steaks for degree of doneness with tongs. Rare is soft, medium feels springy and well done is very firm.
- Remove steaks from heat, loosely cover with foil and rest steaks for 2 minutes before slicing.
- Mash the avocado with mayonnaise. After the steaks have rested, slice them thinly across the diagonal to give even slices. Serve the sliced steak with warmed flour tortillas, shredded lettuce, finely sliced tomato and a dollop of mashed avocado.
- You can also barbecue the steaks for this recipe, use either the char-grill plate or flat plate. They can also be pan-fried or grilled.
- Use tongs rather than a fork or knife to test if your steak is ready. Prod the steak gently with the blunt end.
- Best beef cuts for char-grilling: fillet/tenderloin, rib eye/scotch fillet, sirloin/porterhouse/New York, T-bone, rump, round and blade, oyster blade.