Char-grilled sirloin with aioli and radicchio salad
4 Sirloin steaks
a little Olive oil
Freshly ground black pepper
3 cloves Garlic, peeled
1 tsp Sea salt flakes
2 Egg yolks
1½ cups Extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp Lemon juice
a little Hot water
1 Radicchio lettuce
1 small Fennel bulb, thinly sliced
Oil and vinegar
few flakes Parmesan
- Brush each sirloin steak lightly with oil. Season each with ground pepper. Preheat the char-grill pan to hot before adding the meat.
- Cook steaks on one side until the first sign of moisture appears on the top. Turn and cook further until done to your preference. Turn once only.
- Remove steaks from heat, loosely cover with foil and rest for two minutes before serving.
- Serve steaks with aioli and salad.
- To make aioli: in a food processor process garlic, salt and egg yolks until smooth. Measure the 1½ cups olive oil in a jug. With the motor running begin to add the oil a few drops at a time. As the mixture starts to thicken you can add the oil in a thin stream. Add the lemon juice and a little hot water to make the aioli as thin as you like.
- To make radicchio salad: wash the radicchio and separate the leaves, place in a salad bowl. Add the fennel, drizzle with a little oil and vinegar, add flaked parmesan.