Char-grilled sirloin skewers with warm tomato vinaigrette
4 Sirloin steaks
2 Red onions, cut into wedges
a little Olive oil
Freshly ground black pepper
Warm tomato vinaigrette
1/3 cup Olive oil
3 Tomatoes, peeled, chopped
2 chopped Eshallots (or 1 garlic clove)
a pinch Each of sugar, salt and pepper
1 tbsp Chopped parsley
2 tbsp Red wine vinegar
- Cut each sirloin steak into cubes, thread on to metal skewers with red onion wedges. Brush each skewer lightly with oil. Season each with ground pepper.
- Preheat the char-grill pan to hot before adding the skewers. Cook skewers for about two minutes for each of the four sides.
- Remove the skewers from heat, loosely cover with foil and rest for two minutes before serving.
- Serve skewers with warm tomato vinaigrette.
- To make the warm tomato vinaigrette: heat the oil in a small pan, add the tomatoes, shallots, sugar, salt, pepper and parsley. Cook over a high heat for one minute to just soften the tomatoes. Stir in red wine vinegar.