Char-grilled beef rump po' boy rolls with chilli sauce
600g Beef rump steak, trimmed
1 tbsp Olive oil
2 Lebanese cucumbers
1 tbsp White vinegar
4 Soft, long (15cm) brown bread rolls
1 Avocado, sliced
2 Roma tomatoes, sliced
2 cups Shredded iceberg lettuce
Chilli sauce, to serve
- Brush beef with oil and season with salt and pepper. Preheat a frying pan over high heat and cook the steaks for 2 minutes each side. Rest for 5-10 minutes and slice thinly.
- To pickle the cucumbers, cut them into long batons the length of each bread roll. Sprinkle with a little salt and the vinegar and leave to pickle for 10-15 minutes.
- Open the bread rolls and spread with mustard and avocado. Fill the rolls with salad and top with sliced beef and chilli sauce.
- Maintain the juiciness of your beef by covering and resting it for 5-10 minutes before slicing.
- Try using flank, sirloin or flat iron steak instead of rump.
- Mini po' boys are ideal for parties, entertaining and kids meals. Just use dinner rolls and switch out the steak for mini beef sausages.