Braised easy carve leg with spring vegetables
1 Easy carve leg of lamb
2/3 cup Chicken stock
1 x 400g Cannelini beans, rinsed and drained
600g Assorted spring vegetables eg baby carrots(halved lengthways), asparagus, sugar snap peas, snow peas
Red currant jelly to serve
- Preheat the oven to 220C. Place the easy carve leg of lamb into a large baking pan and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven, add the stock to the baking pan and cover tightly with foil.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 170C and return the lamb to the oven for 40 minutes. Remove from the oven and rest the lamb for 10 minutes in a warm place. Pour the cooking juices into a saucepan and add the beans and other vegetables. Bring to the boil and simmer covered until the vegetables are just tender. Thinly slice the lamb and spoon over the vegetables and cooking juices and accompany with spoonfuls of red currant jelly.
- Serve with steamed couscous or mash. Vary vegetables according to your preference.
- Notes for stylist: This looks best presented thinly sliced on individual plates/ wide flattish bowls with the veggies and juices spooned over the top. Maybe have the mash or couscous in a separate bowl.
- This cooking time made the lamb just a little bit pink at the thickest point.