250 g lean beef mince
50 g semi dried tomatoes
125 g fresh ricotta
0.25 cup chopped Italian parsley
48 x 8cm square wonton wrappers
375 ml tomato based pasta sauce, arrabbiata flavor
shaved parmesan and fresh basil leaves to serve
- Combine beef, tomatoes, ricotta and parsley. Divide into 24 portions.
- Lay half of the wrappers on a flat board. Top each with one portion beef mixture.
- Moisten edges of wonton wrappers. Top with remaining wrappers and press edges gently together.
- Place in single layer on baking paper to prevent sticking.
- Bring large pan of water to the boil. Cook ravioli in rapidly boiling water for 7 minutes until softened and filling is cooked. Drain well.
- Meanwhile heat pasta sauce over low heat until boiling.
- Serve ravioli in shallow bowls topped with pasta sauce, shaved parmesan and fresh basil leaves.
- Work quickly with wonton wrappers as they will dry out if left uncovered.
- Square wonton wrappers are available in most supermarkets or Asian grocery stores.
- Fresh ricotta is readily available. If using packaged ricotta it may need to be drained.