Beef pasta salad
4 x 200g Oyster blade steaks, diced
2 cups Dry pasta, eg spirals
2 Onions, sliced
100g Sun-dried tomato, sliced thinly
100g Kalamata olives, pitted
¼ bunch Basil, chopped
¼ bunch Chives, chopped
250g Cherry tomatoes, halved
200g Rocket or mixed lettuce leaves
2 tbsp Olive oil
1 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp Soy sauce
- Cook the pasta as per packet instructions - strain in colander and leave to cool in cold water.
- Heat a wok to hot and add 1 tbsp of oil and cook the beef in 3 batches; set aside when cooked and loosely cover with aluminium foil.
- Cook the sliced onions in the wok over low heat until soft and translucent. There is no need to add oil.
- In a bowl, mix the tomatoes, olives, onions, herbs, cooked beef and pasta; season with olive oil, balsamic vinegar and soy sauce. Just before serving, add rocket or mixed lettuce leaves.
- Try a wholemeal or whole grain pasta to boost fibre intake.