600 g blade cut into 25mm cubes
20 m olive oil
1 brown onion, cut into wedges
250 g baby potatoes, cut into quarters
0.25 cup Massaman curry paste
0.5 cup water
0.5 cup light coconut milk
1 tbsp brown sugar
2 tsp fish sauce
- Heat 10ml oil in large non stick pan over high heat. Cook beef in 2-3 batches for 5 minutes until well browned. Remove each batch as cooked.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add remaining oil, potatoes and onions to pan. Cook for 5-10 minutes until onion has softened and potatoes are browned. Add curry paste. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes.
- Return beef to pan. Reduce heat to low. Add water and simmer uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Add coconut milk, sugar and fish sauce. Simmer, uncovered, for further 10 minutes until beef and potatoes are tender.
- Recipe Note: add 200g green beans during last 10 minutes of cooking if desired.
- Serve with steamed rice and fresh coriander