600 g mince
50 g dried breadcrumbs
50 g shredded parmesan
10 g italian parsley, chopped
1 finely grated rind of lemon
1 medium brown onion, cut into wedges
1 red capsicum, cut into thick strips
1 green, capsicum, cut into thick strips
250 ml chunky tomato pasta sauce
50 g pitted Kalamata olives, halved
- Preheat fan forced* oven to 180°C.
- Combine mince, parsley, breadcrumbs, lemon and parmesan.
- Roll into 16 small balls.
- Place onions and capsicums in base of shallow ovenproof dish. Place meatballs on top. Pour over pasta sauce and sprinkle with olives.
- Place beef cacciatore on baking tray and bake, uncovered, for 30-40 minutes until beef is browned and cooked through.
- Recipe note: *if using a conventional oven, you may need to increase temperature or allow additional cooking time
- Serve with hot buttered pasta.