Beef & potato pie
500 g beef mince
1 brown onion, chopped finely
10 ml olive oil
2 tbsp chopped parsley
250 g frozen diced vegetables
1 cup tomato based pasta sauce
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
3 cup mashed potato
1 cup shredded tasty cheddar
- Preheat fan forced* oven to 180°C.
- Heat oil in large non stick frying pan. Cook beef and onion, stirring, for 10 minutes until well browned. Remove from heat. Stir in parsley, diced vegetables and sauces.
- Place beef mixture in base of 6 cup capacity ovenproof dish.
- Pile mashed potato on top of beef spreading to cover completely. Top with cheese.
- Cook pie, uncovered, for 40 -45 minutes. Until golden brown and cooked through.
- Recipe note: *if using a conventional oven, you may need to increase temperature or allow additional cooking time
- Serve with crisp salad.