beef & mushroom roast
1.25 kg beef roast
0.5 cup chopped button mushrooms
0.5 cup fresh breadcrumbs
2 large spring onions, chopped
50 g blue castello, crumbled
0.5 tsp cracked black pepper
- Preheat fan forced* oven to 180°C
- Cut large slit through centre of beef.
- Combine mushrooms, spring onions, breadcrumbs and cheese.
- Open beef up. Fill centre of beef with filling. Close beef to enclose filling. Tie beef with food grade bands to secure.
- Sprinkle with cracked pepper.
- Cook roast in roasting dish for approx.30 minutes per 500g or until cooked to desired doneness.
- Remove beef. Cover loosely with foil to keep warm.
- Stand for 10 minutes.
- Recipe note: *if using a conventional oven, you may need to increase temperature or allow additional cooking time
- Carve into thin slices against the grain. Serve with roasted vegetables