- Home page
- Looking for Aussome recipes?
- Stir fry oh my
- Beef, veggie and noodle stir-fry
Beef, veggie and noodle stir-fry
500 g Beef rump
2 tsp Oil
450 g pkt Hokkien noodles, separated
1 medium Carrot, cut in fine shreds
1 Red capsicum, cut in fine shreds
425 g can Baby corn spears, finely sliced
250 g Snow peas, chopped
A cup Oyster sauce
2 tbsp Soy sauce
½ cup Beef stock or water
- Cut the beef across the grain into thin sliips. Add a little oil to the beef sliips, mix well.
- Heat the wok, ensure it is hot. Stir-fry the beef sliips in 2 batches, reserving each cooked batch to rest in a warm bowl. Reheat wok between each batch.
- Reheat the wok, add the oil and heat. Add the carrot and capsicum. Stir-fry for 1 minute. Add the corn and snow peas, stir-fry for 30 seconds.
- Add the noodles, stir-fry until noodles are hot. Return the beef to the wok, add the combined sauces and stock, toss to warm through. Serve immediately.
- When stir-frying meat wait at least 30 seconds before tossing or stir-frying so meat has a chance to sear and become brown. This gives the meat great colour and flavour.
- Best beef cuts for stir-frying: Use beef stir-fry sliips or prepare your own from rib eye/scotch fillet/tenderloin, sirloin/porterhouse/New York, rump, boneless blade, round, oyster blade or topside steaks.