Baked leg of lamb with roasted root vegetable and rocket
1.5 kg leg of lamb bone in
1 bunch baby carrots, trimmed and peeled
4 parsnips, peeled and cut into batons
1 tbsp olive oil
2 cups rocket leaves
For the dressing
1 tsp cumin seeds
2 tspDijon mustard
3 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 160ºC fan forced.
- Place lamb in a baking dish and roast the lamb for 1½ hours.
- Toss the carrots and parsnips in the olive oil and place on a baking tray. Roast for 30 minutes, alongside the lamb.
- Remove from oven, cover lamb loosely in foil and rest for at least 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile toss the carrots and parsnips together with the rocket leaves and drizzle with the dressing.
- To make the dressing: whisk together the cumin seeds, Dijon mustard, oil and lemon juice. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.