Australian lamb loin with butternut squash and lime yoghurt
1kg Australian Lamb Loin
1 Medium Butternut Squash, Sliced
6 Large Plum Tomatoes, Sliced
½ cup Greek Yoghurt
2 tbsp Sugar
3-cm piece Ginger, grated
1½ tsp Lemon Juice
2 Garlic Cloves
30g Cashew Nuts
¼ tsp Cardamom
Black Pepper to Taste
Salt to Taste
- In a medium saucepan, roast cashew nuts. Set aside.
- Next, heat olive oil. Place the lamb and cook both sides until browned. Remove from the stove and bake at 350 F (180 C) for 30 minutes.
- Place the butternut squash on a parchment-lined baking sheet greased with olive oil. Sprinkle with 2 teaspoons of salt and a good grind of black pepper. Drizzle with the remaining tablespoon of oil, and roast for 30-40 minutes until golden brown. Set aside to cool.
- For the lime yogurt, mix well the Greek yogurt, ginger, garlic, pepper, lemon juice, sugar, cardamom and olive oil in a small bowl and keep in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Spread the squash out on a large platter and layer the tomatoes in between top with slices of the lamb. Drizzle over the lime yogurt, sprinkle with cashews and serve.