Australian beef saloona
500g Australian Beef Striploin cut into chunks
2 tbsp coriander powder
2 tsp cinnamon powder
1 cup onions chopped
5 cups Broth
1 cup potatoes roughly chopped
1 cup butternut squash roughly chopped
1 cup carrots roughly chopped
1 cup zucchini roughly chopped
1 cup tomatoes roughly chopped
1 cup fresh coriander leaves roughly chopped
1 bag frozen okra
Up to 3 teaspoons tomato paste
1 tbsp turmeric powder
2 tbsp Oil
Salt and black pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a large pot. Add the striploin to the pot and sear it on all sides.
- Once browned well on all sides, add coriander powder, cinnamon powder and turmeric powder. Mix until the spices are coated well on the meat.
- Next, add onions, tomato paste, potatoes, carrots, coriander leaves and broth. Stir well to combine. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cover and simmer.
- After 3 minutes, add the butternut squash, tomatoes, and zucchini. Cover and cook for another 50 minutes until the meat is tender. Keep stirring every once in a while. Add the okra and cover for few minutes.
- Once the meat is tender, garnish with coriander leaves and serve.