Apricot and pistachio stuffed goat loin
500 g Goat loin (boneless)
0.25 cup Orange juice
2 tbsp Olive Oil
Salt and carcked black pepper
2 1/4 cups fresh breadcrumbs
50 g Butter (softened)
0.25 cup chopped dired apricots
2 tbsp chopped pistachios
0.5 tsp Finely grated lemon rind
1.5 tbsp shredded sage
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Pound the goat saddles with the smooth side of a meat mallet or rolling pin (this will help to tenderise the meat and give a larger surface area of meat to roll up). Transfer to a plate (skin side down) and pour over the combined orange juice, oil, salt and pepper. Set aside for 20 minutes.
- Place the breadcrumbs in a bowl with the butter, apricots, pistachios, lemon rind, sage, salt and pepper. Use your fingers to fully combine.
- Drain the goat from the marinade well (reserving the marinade to baste) and pat dry. Place the saddles on a work surface and spoon the stuffing mixture along the middle. Carefully roll over to enclose the stuffing, then truss each saddle with cooking string. Place in a baking dish lined with baking paper.
- Brush the goat with the orange juice mixture and sprinkle with a little extra salt and pepper. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until cooked through, basting regularly with orange juice mixture.
- Remove the meat from the oven and cover with foil. Allow to sit for 10 minutes then serve sliced with roasted or steamed vegetables.