Simple recipes for cooking lamb and beef for your baby.
Recipes for first beef and lamb foods
Below are some simple recipes for cooking beef and lamb for your baby.
Silky steak for babies
100g rump steak, trimmed of fat
1 tsp olive oil
100g cooked pumpkin
- Heat barbecue or non-stick frying pan. Rub meat with oil. Cook over medium-high heat for 3–4 mins on each side or until cooked. The meat should feel springy. Rest meat for 5 mins.
- Slice meat and combine with cooked pumpkin and blend in a food processor or using stick blender until smooth.
- Suggested vegetables to combine with meat puree: pumpkin, carrot, sweet potato or zucchini.
200g diced lamb or beef, trimmed of fat
1 tsp olive oil
1 carrot, peeled and chopped
1 stick celery, chopped
1 potato, peeled and chopped
- Toss meat in oil. Heat small non-stick frying pan. Add meat and brown. Remove from pan and place in small saucepan.
- Add carrot, celery and potato to saucepan and add 1 cup water (or enough to just cover contents). Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer for 1 ½ - 2 hours or until very tender.
- Blend in food processor or using stick blender until smooth.
But remember, you don’t have to cook a separate meal for your baby, just adapt the family meal. See our recipes and ‘how-to’ videos below.
How to adapt the one family meal to feed your baby and toddler?
No need to make a separate meal for your baby or toddler. The following recipes are designed to feed the whole family from one meal. They include a step-by-step picture guide on how to adapt the family meal for the different stages of your baby’s development.